Sunday, April 3, 2011

Need to kino even more

I started reading RSD Ozzie's book "The Physical Game."  I should have gotten this sooner.  There is some solid advice there that I really think will take my game to the next level.  I also realized that the set I called the "Gibberish escalation" set was what I should focus on from Saturday. 

I'm kinoing faster and more often than I ever have in the past.  I just need to take things a little further and lead even more.  When I used the claw, which is basically putting your arm around the girl, I'd let it go right away.  In his book, Ozzie advises leaving it there even if she tries to get away.  Of course he has a disclaimer that there's a certain point where you have to stop.  If she tells you to fuck off, obviously, you let go.  The other point that struck me was how you lead the girl to the dance floor.  I've been trying that dance floor isolation move a lot the past week and I couldn't get any girls to go.  He says that you need to grab her hand and pull her to the dance floor.  She'll probably say no and resist, but it's usually just token resistance.

A memory from my AFC past actually highlights this dance floor move for me.  I lusted over this redhead that lived near me for a long time.  We used to hang out and one day we all went out to the club.  This natural that I hung out with came out too.  This was way before I knew about the community.  This guy always got girls and I hung out with him cause he was fun and because I was hoping to learn how he did it.  Anyway, I remember asking the redhead to dance.  She didn't want to.  Later, the natural guy asked her.  She said she didn't want to but then he grabber her hand and said, "Let's go dance" and of course she ended up following him to the dance floor.

Girls want to be lead:
This is not a new idea of course but I'm really starting to internalize that fact.  I think about that SNL that I got in New Years and how I just lead her all over the club.  I know that I need to do that but the past week I've been struggling to figure out how to do it again.  I've made a lot of progress. I've actually been making myself try to isolate and escalate in every set.  Now that I have ideas of how much farther I need to lead things, I think I'm gonna start doing a lot better.

This shouldn't even be that hard of a change.  I now see what I should have down with that petite brunette in the gibberish set.  I should have put my claw on her.  I should have lead her to a different part of the bar so I could actually hear her.  

I can't wait to start practicing my new physical game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment