Sunday, April 24, 2011

Almost got into a fight cause of the bunny ears

At the Bunny Hop pub crawl on Friday, we got these bunny ears. As I wrote in Friday's report, the peacocking value from it is awesome. Several girls in every bar open you. Unfortunately, I sold mine for $5 on Friday. I figured Seagull would wear them again, but he didn't. He let me use his ears tonight. The ears worked great and it was easy to get in set.

Around 1:30am, I opened this Asian girl. She was in a big set. The dude across the table wanted to buy the ears for $5. Besides the fact that they were Seagull's and I couldn't sell them, I wasn't gonna sell them anyway since I regretted last night's sale. I left the set and got on the dance floor. I was dancing by myself. Suddenly, I felt someone grab the ears off my head. This has happened before. In the past, it was girls messing with me and giving me an opportunity to open them.

I looked at saw that guy who wanted to buy them running away with my ears. I caught up to him and grabbed his shoulders. I told him to give me the ears back. I actually would have been fine if he just gave them back. He started to hold them away from me like some bully in the school yard. I started to get pissed and I could feel the adrenaline start rushing through my body. I tussling with him a bit and then I actually thought he handed them off to someone as he said, "I don't have them and showed me both hands were empty."

I looked and saw he had thrown them on the ground about ten feet away. I went to go grab them, but he got there first and walked to his table and set them down. Now, I started to walk over there, but I realized that if I went over there, I was likely getting in a fight with the dude. I know fights are stupid and not worth it. I wanted to sarge some girls. At the same time, I wasn't just gonna walk away and let this guy treat me like this.

I decided to go to a bouncer. My friend had almost gotten in a fight last year with some asshole and we got him kicked out. I tell the bouncer, "Hey, I need your help. I had this bunny ears on my head and this guy stole them. I'm gonna get in a fight if I go over to the table and I don't want to get kicked out so I need your help."
Big bouncer guy: That's why we don't allow hats in here.
Me: It's not a hat. It's bunny ears, like the DJ has on.
Bouncer: Sorry.
Me: Let me get this straight. I'm telling you this guy stole my ears and I'm gonna end up getting in a fight with him if I go over there and get in a fight probably and get kicked out, and there's nothing you can do?
Bouncer: I can't leave this area, but go talk to that guy over there in the black shirt.

The guy he sent me to was a manager or head bouncer. I told him what happened and walked him over to the guy. The manager guy had three bouncers with him as he followed me. I went to the asshole and said, "Where's my fucking bunny ears, asshole! Give them to me."

He tried to play it off like he didn't know what I was talking about. I repeated, "Give me the fucking ears."

The manager guy started talking to him and the dumb ass said that he had tossed them away. The manager then said, "Close your tab, and get the fuck out of here."

I tried to shake the original bouncers hand but he just ignored me. I went to the manger and said, "Thank you for your help. I apologize for all the trouble. I come here a lot and I didn't want to get in a fight and get kicked out."
Manager: Sorry we can't get you the ears. The guy said he tossed them.
Me: Hey, it's cool. I just wanted to resolve this situation with this guy.
Manager: He's an asshole.

It surprised me how long it took me to get back into sarging mode. I guess I had to wait for the adrenaline effect to wear off. Seagull and I grabbed some food and I finally calmed down.

I felt like I handled it according to my own standards:

The guy was being a massive dick when he wouldn't give the ears back. As I said above, I wasn't just gonna let the guy get away without me resolving the situation. At the same time, I didn't want to fight. Fighting is so not worth it. Now, had he started swinging at me, I would have defended myself. Funny thing is if a bouncer had seen us tussling over the ears during the initial confrontation, I bet we would have both gotten kicked out. I surprise myself how calm I was. Sure, I was pumped from the adrenaline rush that comes when you feel a fight is about to happen. I wasn't scared of the guy and I was actually calm enough to resolve the situation in a nonviolent way.

Part of me felt I was being a tattletale, and maybe the initial bouncer felt that way too and that's why he didn't want to do anything. I feel this was the right thing to do as an adult. My married friend and Seagull both said they probably would have gotten in a fight if it had happened to them. Now, I could have easily punched this guy in the head when he was holding the ears away from me with his other hand. The dude was my height and a little heavier than me. Had I done that, I would have gotten kicked out, possibly arrested, and probably ruined my favorite pair of jeans. I could have also approached him by the table and probably ended up fighting too. The other alternative was to just forget about my ears. The guy would get to be a cock with no consequences and I would just let someone walk all over me like I used to do in high school. No fucking way!

No comments:

Post a Comment