Sunday, September 25, 2011

Anger leads to motivation

I'm a bit of a dork. I've been watching Star Wars as the whole series just came out on blue ray. The Jedi say that anger leads to the dark side. I find that anger motivates me. I remember when I lost that girl to some guys at Sangria back in April. I got so motivated to learn to deal with AMOG's. I put myself in some uncomfortable situations and I really refined my skills.

This time, I'm angry about how I conducted myself Saturday. In this game of sarging, the worst feeling is "What if?" I'm sure I've mentioned the old sports cliche before that I feel applies to sarging, "It doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how you played the game."

I love this clip from "We Are Marshall." Unfortunately, embedding is disabled so I can only show the link:
http://youtu.be/IEL8PYu4RR4

Lay it on the line until the final whistle blows, and if you do that... if you that... you cannot lose. We may behind on the scoreboard at the end of the game, but if you play like that, we cannot be defeated.


If I put my best effort in, and I don't get the girl or I get rejected, then I can be happy with myself. Tonight, I'm left wondering what might have been. That blonde was cute and my type. I had her hooked. She had just moved to Chicago. That means she's more likely to be open to coming out with me. She doesn't know the city that well so I offer value with all the restaurants, clubs, deals, etc that I know. She's single and just starting over. I thought that guy might have been with her, but it became obvious at the end that he was just an orbiter that made things uncomfortable trying to kiss her.

I could have had a good time with her if I just put in the full effort. If I had and I got rejected, again, that would have been fine.

I'll remember this the next time I'm choding around or giving a half effort. I feel like I will be motivated when I go out on Tuesday.

As I said, anger fuels me. I get motivated and I should take that from this crappy night and do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment