Saturday, June 30, 2018

Sober AMOGing

I probably could have just tacked this on the other post.  I could have just skipped writing this post.  Part of why I stopped tracking my nights is that this takes too much time.  I suppose I want to continue as I realize I am getting value from doing this.  I think about what RSD Derek says in this video from Vegas Summit where he talks about how one should analyze two hours for every one hour we're out in the bar. 

AMOG:
This is just some dumb story, but it amused me how it ended.

There was this blonde on the phone and I came up and approached.  I was just blabbering stuff at her and not even touching her.  This guy in a Hawaiian shirt came up and said, "She's okay" and shoved my shoulder.  He may or may not have been with her.  This happened last week.  Guys sometimes see me and they think they can get in by acting like a White Night.  I sometimes just look like an easy target. 

Now I can just walk away but I make an effort to prolong these confrontations for two reasons.  First, I trust in my ability to get out of them as I've done so successfully many times in the past, in even more precarious situations than this one.  Second, and I've mentioned this in the past, I admit that part of me remembers how I used to let guys pick on me in high school.  Now that I'm more confident in myself, I like to fight back a little bit.  I'm talking verbally and I mean standing up for myself.  I don't mean actually initiating an actual fist fight because that's just stupid.  Besides the legal ramifications and possible physical injuries, it's just stupid because I'm trying to pick up girls and getting in a fight gives me no chance to do that and ruins possible chances for the rest of the night (I'm not like that guy in Tahoe that I've written about that got punched in the face and wanted to go back to the bar because he wasn't even phased by it.) 

I also don't want to walk away because the guy physically touched me.  It's not okay for some random asshole to physically assault me and I make sure to let them know that. 

Here's the rant I went on.  I learned from my AC set to be calm and not raise my voice.  I also was completely sober so in better control of my emotions.  I said something like the following:

Oh, I get it man.  You're trying to be a white knight.  Great man, good moves.  You probably don't even know this girl.  First of all, you don't get to touch me.  I'm not moving. I'm standing here.  I'm not talking to her or touching her.  I get it though, you gotta prove yourself.  Next, you're gonna ask me to do a one arm push up contest (an old Tyler AMOG line). 

This guy just sat there not saying anything.  I realized that I was actually looking dumb at this point because I was investing too much into this.  I could have simply just said that he's not allowed to touch me and make a joke about the white knight move. 

I think he handled me properly except for the initial shove.  I think I gained respect for the dude because him not saying anything made me realize I was overdoing it.  I remember that I realized I was overdoing it so I just laughed.  I put my arm on him and said, "Have a nice night man." 

I walked by later and he actually did know the girl.

It's good to be sober:
That little confrontation made me realize that I like being sober.  I noticed that besides that set, I was more willing to talk to girls that had guys around.  Being sober helps because I know I'll have my full faculties to verbally deescalate any potential problems.  Worst case scenario, me being sober gives me an advantage on any drunk guys that actually want to physically escalate.

Also, because I've been going out and finding myself in a few of these AMOG confrontations, I'm getting more comfortable with these situations again. 

That's good because I shouldn't be afraid to approach sets with guys in them. It's just when I'm not going out regularly, I don't feel as confident in my abilities to deal with issues. 


No comments:

Post a Comment